Monday, February 22, 2010

Surgery


Recipe
Weakened bone
Broken fifth metatarsal
2-inch screw
Grafting tools
Hospital

On Friday the 19th I woke up really early and my mom drove us over the hospital at 7:00. I was placed in a wheel chair big enough to fit five of me and wheeled to a hospital room. A nurse lady came in and gave me a really warm blanket, asked for my name and birth date, put a needle in my arm, and this needle was freaking long, then left. I was extremely hungry and my hospital door was open, across the hall someone had left an orange and banana. I begged my mom to sneak over and grab one for me but a cute nurse guy came in to ask me my name and birth date and whole bunch of other questions. He didn't get me the banana or the orange. After a while my mom took pity on me a moved a chair in front of the fruit so I could see it any more. Then another really cute nurse guy came and rolled me up to another room on a different floor so I could talk to some kind of doctor. After the cute nurse guy left I had to go pee really bad and that was really hard because I had a boot on my foot and a needle in my arm. But I am extremely talented and I went to the bathroom. Then I went back in my room and my mom and I waited for the doctor guy to come talk to me. When he came in he asked me my name and birth date then a bunch of other questions and I was ready for surgery. What was going to happen was doctor Morgan was going to make an incision and screw a screw into my fifth metatarsal. Then he was going to scrap away "Bone Grafting" some weak bone and take bone marrow from my ankle and put it where the weak bone use to be. This would speed up my recovery time and make my bone stronger.
Cherry On Top
  • It is awesome when you have cute guy nurses.
  • You do have to wear a dress that ties at the back, but they give you pants to wear and really weird socks.
  • Make sure your doctor writes something on the body part you are getting surgery on. Dr. Morgan wrote a "Yes" on my left leg.
  • Don't panic, the nurses like you more if you are calm. Maybe that is why I got a bunch of cute guy nurses.







No comments:

Post a Comment