Thursday, April 22, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
2 egg whites
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 cups oats
Or 1 cup white flour
And 1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 cups grated carrots
1 Apple peeled, cored, and chopped
1 cup raisins
2 Tbs. Chopped walnuts (optional)
2 Tbs. Toasted wheat germ (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a medium bowl combine eggs, egg whites, applesauce, oil, and vanilla.
In a large bowl combine flours/oats, honey, baking powder, baking
soda, and salt. Stir in carrots, apples, and raisins.
Add wet mixture until moistened.
Spoon into muffin cups about 3/4 full, if using no muffin cups spray
muffin pan with cooking spray before filling.
Combine nuts and wheat germ then sprinkle over top. Cook for 15-20
- If you are serving to a large amount of people, make mini muffins. I will look like a lot more muffins.
- This batch is doubled, making about two batches of normal sized muffins and four batches of mini muffins.
- I bought raw wheat germ and cooked it in a sauce pan until I had it as toasted a I wanted it to be, which supposedly is healthier.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Springville! I went to both of the events and I was a little disappointed about the basket auction. I know I shouldn't compare it to the Reagan Academy basket auctions, but our basket auction stunk compared to their previous basket auction. Then the ladies in charge ended it early, which made my family unhappy because we came back after the Miss Springville thing so we could do some more auctioning. Well, there loss. On Sunday I made some more muffins and after church
we planted a bunch of bulbs in our flower boxes in the front yard. My boot got really dirty so I quit early. Then we celebrated planting the bulbs with some strawberry shortcake, which is not on the diet, but that is why we love protein and a good work out!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
- Saturday March, 20th
- 6pm-11 pm
- Merit Academy
- Dinner from 6-8pm $5.00
- Dancing the rest of the night $Price varies
- Basket Auction
My mentoring class is making a basket for this fun Merit March Madness Night and we have decided to do baked goods. But not just any kind of baked goods, they have to qualify under at least one of these circumstances:
- Free of something (e.g. sugar, milk, chocolate, etc.)
- Healthier than most baked goods
- Organic ingredients
I volunteered to bring a basket and some of the chocolate chip cookie brownies that I talked about last week. But, my art teacher was talking about these muffins she makes that are made up of vegetables and don't have milk products in them and I decided that I will make those instead. This way I get to add another recipe to my collection and have a new healthy snack to cook for my family!
That isn't even the greatest thing about the Merit March Madness Night. The greatest thing is that my family (aka: my mom) has decided to make a basket for that night also!!!!!!! Our basket is going to be a movie themed basket and we already have 24 bags of popcorn and 8 movies to put in the basket, one of them being 2010!!!! We loaded the basket with movie candy like Milk Duds and Mini Charleston Chews, which are delicious to freeze before eating!!!!
Cherry On Top
- If you really want to go, because you know you do, to this event I think Merit is selling tickets online at meritacademy.org.
- My school wanted everyone to have tickets sold by March 1st, oops!, so if you want to go, quickly go to their web site and check it out. If you know my number just call me and I can get you some tickets!
- You can make your own basket and turn it into Merit by March 17th if you want to do a fun family activity!
Friday, March 5, 2010
1 teaspoon baking soda
- The dairy free items listed can be found at the Good Earth in Provo and probably any other organic store.
- These are great because they are dairy free.