Tuesday, March 9, 2010

MERIT MARCH MADNESS


Recipe
  • Saturday March, 20th
  • 6pm-11 pm
  • Merit Academy
  • Dinner from 6-8pm $5.00
  • Dancing the rest of the night $Price varies
  • Basket Auction

My mentoring class is making a basket for this fun Merit March Madness Night and we have decided to do baked goods. But not just any kind of baked goods, they have to qualify under at least one of these circumstances:

  1. Free of something (e.g. sugar, milk, chocolate, etc.)
  2. Healthier than most baked goods
  3. Organic ingredients

I volunteered to bring a basket and some of the chocolate chip cookie brownies that I talked about last week. But, my art teacher was talking about these muffins she makes that are made up of vegetables and don't have milk products in them and I decided that I will make those instead. This way I get to add another recipe to my collection and have a new healthy snack to cook for my family!
That isn't even the greatest thing about the Merit March Madness Night. The greatest thing is that my family (aka: my mom) has decided to make a basket for that night also!!!!!!! Our basket is going to be a movie themed basket and we already have 24 bags of popcorn and 8 movies to put in the basket, one of them being 2010!!!! We loaded the basket with movie candy like Milk Duds and Mini Charleston Chews, which are delicious to freeze before eating!!!!

Cherry On Top

  • If you really want to go, because you know you do, to this event I think Merit is selling tickets online at meritacademy.org.
  • My school wanted everyone to have tickets sold by March 1st, oops!, so if you want to go, quickly go to their web site and check it out. If you know my number just call me and I can get you some tickets!
  • You can make your own basket and turn it into Merit by March 17th if you want to do a fun family activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment