Monday, February 22, 2010

Broken Foot

Recipe
2 years of dealing with a stress fracture
Weakened bone
A really stupid soccer player fouling you

Over President's Day Weekend I went down to Saint George for the Ice Breakers Tournament to play soccer with some of my friends. We had played two games on Saturday and won both of them. Monday we had two more games, we won the first game and that determined that we were going on to the finals. I was playing left defender with a couple minutes left in the game. We were already winning 3-0 and the other team got a break-away. Our keeper deflected the ball but it was heading for the goal, I made a break for it and kick it out of bounds. Then out of no where this stupid girl from the other team rams me from behind while I am still in the air from kicking the ball. I do three flips through the air (which was the coolest feeling ever!) and I rolled on the ground. I thought, "No harm done, your okay, just stand up and don't cry." I was totally wrong, when I got up I couldn't put any weight on my left foot. I knew it was broken, I could feel the bone when I tried to walk. It would rub against itself, I haven't ever felt that much pain in my whole life.

Cherry On Top
  • Your coach from your club team, Celtic, will be very upset. Get your mom to make the phone call telling your coach that your out for the rest of the season.
  • Hopefully your a lazy person who is used to sitting on the coach all weekend because your supposed to have your broken foot elevated as much as possible for the five days after your surgery.
  • Friends are awesome, the best part of the whole week end was having my friends visit. I got flowers from the soccer team I played with and cookies from a good friend. One of the families that knows us really well made us dinner.
  • Don't forget to do your homework. A broken foot can get you down, but hopefully you have someone reminding you to do your homework so you don't get behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment