Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Result of Experimenting

The last recipe "Pumpkin Cake" I tried on Wednesday and it was an EPIC failure. One of my family members was allergic to the ingredients, another is on a diet, and the one person who tried it didn't tell me if they liked it or not. But I did find soggy cake in the sink when I was doing the dishes today, like I said EPIC failure.

Why was my Pumpkin Cake so bad? I will list a couple of reasons I have thought up:
  • I didn't mix the flour ingredients in a separate bowl.
  • I added a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chunks, too much bitter-sweet chocolate.
  • I didn't cook it long enough and the inside was too soft.(I didn't check it with a tooth pick)
  • I used a 9" by 13" pan, which made the cake too thick.
  • Not enough frosting because I didn't soften the butter enough.

To make this recipe at its best I would advise not doing these things. I liked my idea of adding chocolate chips but i think it would be better if they were milk chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment